What is Detroit100 Project:
DMJStudio presents DETROIT100 Community Art Projects; a series of art-based projects creatively depicting people, places and experiences of Metro-Detroit. The story of Detroit is best told by its residents. This project’s gives Metro-Detroiters a platform to tell their stories in various creative manner while giving the world a clearer and more balanced portrayal of the city.
This is Detroit100’s 2nd year and it has expanded from three mini-projects to seven:
- Sketchbook Project: Participants are asked to share experiences and personal stories of Detroit through sketches, words and collage.
- Poster Project: Contributors can create posters based on stories archived on-line at www.detroitstoriesproject.com.
- Letter to Detroit Project: Pick up a favorite writing utensil and a piece of paper and tell Detroit how you feel about it. Be open, be honest, and be creative.
- Photo Project (New): This themed-based project gives participants the opportunity to take and share creative photos about the Detroit experience.
- Portrait Project (New): Get to know the faces of Detroit. Participants can submit sketches or photograph of themselves to become a part of a larger collage of faces of Metro-Detroit.
- D-Shirt Project (New): Detroiters love their T-shirts. The D-shirt project gives participants a chance to share their favorite Detroit T-shirt and to learn about different locations to purchase the best Detroit T-shirts in the city.
- Film Detroit (New): Participants can pick up their camera and create a 3 – 10 minute film based on several Detroit themes and subject.
Detroit100 is open to all Metro-Detroit residents, native Detroiters who currently live in other parts of the world and to our Canadian neighbors in Ontario who have a close relationship and connection to Detroit. Educators are strongly encouraged to use these projects in their classrooms as a fun way to learn about and discuss the city of Detroit.
All submissions will become part of the online exhibit and will be displayed in several community pop up art events. 100 of the most outstanding submissions to these project series will be chosen and curated into a traveling exhibit entitled “100 Ways to Love Detroit.”
DOWNLOAD FLYER HERE:
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROJECTS:
- Poster Project
- Sketchbook Project
- Letter Project
- Portrait Project
- Photo Project
- Film Project